Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This too shall pass

It is ironic that trying to call the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) and sitting on hold for ½ hour listening to muzac made me want to pop a bunch of pills. When my cell phone prematurely disconnected the call my thoughts turned more toward jumping off a cliff. In the end, I discovered I can’t do what I needed to do and what I had to do needed to be done through their website…

Next I called to update my National Provider something-or-other number. Another 20 minutes on hold only to find out I can’t make that update either… and what I can do needs to be done online. I love online stuff but when it won’t do what you need, what can you do?

Four updates to the same page of my credentialling application for Poudre Valley Hospital. Three calls to the resort property company to get a live person so I can book an airport shuttle. Two times printing my CME information because in the disorganization of the move I lost it. And a F*cking Partridge in a Pear Tree!

Close to a complete melt down, I took a 20 minute nap and then had an iced decaf mocha. I know that jumping off cliffs isn’t good for my health… so I opted for the next least healthy option.

Tonight I’m going to cook mango coconut curry with habanero peppers and loads of fresh veggies. ON the side will be a tuna steak seared lightly. And then there will be the habanero poppers … the only thing missing will be my Harley to eat the crispy bacon off the outside of the peppers. No doubt Guy can chop it into a breakfast burrito tomorrow morning.

That and cleaning the inside of my car (where it seems I now live), painting my toenails “Dominant Jeans” blue, and organizing my sock drawer has made my day complete.

1 comment:

Circe said...

sounds really yummy!