Monday, May 19, 2008

Thursday May 17

The end of anticipation
Six months ago, I gave notice at Strode Family Practice. This was my first position as a full-fledged physician. Over my years in residency and nearly three years as an employee at Strode, I grew to care deeply for many people. Some of them feel much like family.

I was honored by many patients wishing I would not leave, some even crying. Several vitually ripped my heart out with the conviction with which they wished me well and simultaneously wished I would stay.

I will miss my patients. I will also miss some of the staff… especially Craig and Dr. Mandell.

I will not miss the cattiness. I will not miss the drama. There are a few other things I will not miss.

On the whole, I am glad to be starting fresh in Fort Collins. I just wish I could bring a few of the most special of my patients with me.

No comments: