Sunday, March 22, 2009

Last week was hell week. Coming off of a wonderful weekend with my Brother and the kids I was tired but glad to have some joy under my belt.

On call 2 of the 3 days in the office and the whole weekend
one "day off" was spent in an all day meeting in Denver
1800 pages of "stuff" to read, none of it uplifting
dealing with taxes
Saturday night in the urgent care

I was short on sleep, patience, and hadn't cooked anything to eat for the week so I had nothing yummy to soothe my soul.

So the question is, what can I do to make this week better?

1. I slept about 11 hours last night so I'll go into the next week rested.
2. Made a huge pot of fried rice with shrimp to munch for the week
3. making a pot of mushroom barley soup so I have a variety of yums
4. No reading! bought a book of short fiction to read instead
5. Hired a book keeper and will have her do the rest of the tax stuff
6. Scheduled a massage for my day off
7. Starting the week with a date with Guy at New Belgium Brewery
8. Already got in a good swim
9. Starting the week with a clean house and clean laundry
11. Only on call one day this week! YAY

1 comment:

Xythnan said...

Sounds like excellent planning to set up for a good week. I baked chocolate chip cookies with the kids, bu the 11 hours of sleep, massage, and some of your other steps show that I'm still an amateur at this...