Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Color Me Wrong

Color Me Wrong

I’ve always thought Thomas Kinkade paintings were wrong. That’s obviously why they are relegated to “galleries” full of Precious Moments figurines, which are equally wrong. It’s not the gooey, quaint scenes, it’s the colors and that eerie glow. Mother Nature just doesn’t use that palatte.

In the scheme of things being wrong, I was leaving my house in a state of absolute “right” this evening. The car was loaded with running gear for MY RUN tomorrow !! ;-))) !! A large bag containing ingredients for Guy’s Crazy Spicy Noodles rested expectantly on the floor. But as I turned toward the West, there was a sunset a la Kinkade. Hot pink ethereal flares glowing off the tops of the foothills against a backdrop of sun faded blue and lavender clouds. Above the layers a bright white puff with a knife edge of brilliant yellow orange. I didn’t dare look at who, or what, was driving the car beside me lest I see those huge eyes staring at me.

No comments: