Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Turning Over a New Leaf

Indian summer is coming to a close and autumn is beginning to fall here in Colorado. So, as the leaves change, I'm trying to make a few changes too.

All summer I've talked about riding my bike to work. Aside from a few trips to the office on my days off, it hasn't happened. So today I made the first commute and plan to do it once a week until snow flies. It's amazing how hard it is to find one, just one, day a week on which I don't have some activity that needs doing on the way to or from work, or at lunch. PT, dry cleaning, the bank, groceries, etc... they all occupy some portion of my commute on a nearly daily basis.

This morning was the first fall-like morning of the season. It dawned cloudy and 45 degrees. Since I expect to be at work late, I am hopeful that IF it rains (which we desperately need) it will do so before my commute home.

No comments: