Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Harvest Moon

My back yard is lit with the glow of the harvest moon. Now that it is here and my workweek is over, I can relax in its light... it has wreaked its havoc. But as with all things, we know "this too shall pass." And pass it has... onto a long weekend.

Even though fall is approaching, this seems to be the year of perpetual spring. Spring is the time for the budding and blooming of new things. And it seems my entire year has been filled with new things.

My first backcountry ski trip
Relearning to road bike
Relearning to mountain bike (with real mountains)
Dipping my big toe into the world of whitewater rafting
Dipping my baby toe into the world of kayaking
Learning to swim
Getting bitten by a new bug after watching Guy Tri
and now, SCUBA
with preparation for a trip to New Zealand

Life is nothing if not an adventure. Every day something new to discover. I remember telling Alexis some time back, "Do something every day that scares you." Not that this was an original thought but it is an important one. Every day, maybe not quite... but this year I'm coming pretty close. Of course, "scares you" and "excites you" are very nearly one and the same.

Fall is here... but I'm still springing into new things!

No comments: