Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wishful Thinking

Today was one of those long daze. It started when the alarm went off at 4 a.m. I dragged myself away from the sexiest naked man in the world to drive 2 1/2 hours to work. There couldn't be much harder to do. Add to that it was going to be a glorious day, just the kind where you'd like to laze in bed until the sun is full up and then call in well to work so you can run around a lake somewhere for hours on end.

Sigh! I drove the 2 1/2 hours to Colorado Springs to face a full schedule of mostly sick people and two, count 'em two, desks full of paperwork. Alexis tried to keep me amused and entertained but my mind wanted to go back to that warm bed. The rest of me did too but that couldn't be done.

After work I had a meeting for the Continuing Education and Research Committee (of which I'm a commit -ee... kinda institutional, huh?!) for the Colorado Springs Osteopathic Foundation. For once, I feel like we made progress and when I report to the Bored Meeting next week, I'll have something to show for our two hour's work.

Then I headed back to my lovely little house on the market. The flowers and plants properly watered, the floors and counters spiffed... time to pay the bills... and now a little time for rest. My mind wanders back to that warm bed. My bed here will be cold and empty. I turn on the electric blanket.

Tomorrow will also start early. If I go to bed soon, perhaps I can swim before my run with Janna and Jen. I smoked my legs yesterday swimming and doing kicking drills. How to make an ultrarunner (or used to be) feel fat and out of shape... put her in a pool. But I'm getting better, she protests.

To sleep! To sleep! No distractions sez Wellington T. Bear watching over my keyboard. to sleep and then to wake to another day with a run, perhaps a swim, and caring for those who let me. Another drive, and finally, home to see if a sexy man might be in my bed. I can hope!

No comments: