Monday, June 30, 2008

Solace in Salmon

Hey, it's Monday and I'm on call again. My life hasn't slowed down one little bit.

The house purchase is moving forward. I must admit it has slowed a bit as we wait for the appraisal and finalize financing.

I showed Guy's house on Sunday and have been frantically checking references, etc. We will sign the lease on Wednesday.

I discovered a letter in the mail last night from June 12, forwarded from the old house. It said I never renewed my membership in the Colorado Medical Society so I was no longer a member and therefore not eligible for insurance from my malpractice carrier. I never got a bill. So today I had to put out that fire.

Today was the last day for my malpractice insurance and I have been working with the underwriter on a renewal. Either he doesn't give a rats ass about his job or he's just incomptent but I have called more than monthly since December. Today I had to have another underwriter hurry and finish my policy before it expires.

There were more battles that were fought. It remains to be seen if they were won.

So I came home and "recreated" the dinner Colleen and I made this weekend. Salmon Burgers with pineapple, cilantro mayo. Here's the recipe.

Salmon Burgers

1 lb salmon, chopped in ¼# or smaller pieces
¼ C cilantro
2 T mayonnaise, just enough to moisten
2 T finely chopped red onion or shallot
2 T finely chopped red bell pepper
3 T bread crumbs
1 egg white, beaten
1 T lime juice
2 tsp grated lime rind
½ t salt
Ground pepper

Oil the Grill, it's essential!

Mix together all ingredients and adjust ingredients until you can make patties that stick together. Form into patties and refrigerate at least 15 min.

Place on oiled, hot grill grate and cook on one side for 4-5 minutes. Flip only once, using a greased spatula, and grill for 4-5 more minutes.

Pineapple Mayo

1 Tbsp grated lime rind
3 Tbsp Chopped cilantro
3 Tbsp Mayo
1 1” thick ring of fresh pineapple finely minced

Mix all ingredients. Let stand while you prepare burgers.

No comments: