Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th - a different kind of fireworks

It's July 4 weekend and I don't give a rats a** about fireworks. So I jumped on my bike and went for a ride before anyone had a chance to get drunk and drive. I rode about 3-4 hours with a 1 hr stop at the gym for a swim. Thoroughly exhausted, I went home and did a few things until my friend Sarah came over.

Sarah is a friend from Texas daze. She's an adventure racer who was out on an adventure with her kids Katie and Charlie. They graced my house and let me adventure with them for a few days. This involved chocolate, ice cream, art, dinosaurs, chocolate, gators, aliens, ice cream, and did I mention chocolate?

We spent Saturday afternoon at the Cherry Creek Arts Festival going between adult art and kid art. Sunday we tooled around Fort Collins and found the Swetsville Zoo.

The Zoo is a bunch of sculptures made by a man in Timnath (just East of Fort Collins). Many of the characters are recognizable and some are just fun critters. The exhibit is free though they accept donations. It was so good that Katie and Charlie wanted to donate even though I had already donated for them.

It was the perfect way to forget about work and buying houses and virtually everything else. Thanks Katie, Charlie, and Sarah!

No comments: