Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Making History

One week ago all we heard on TV and the radio was how "History" was made by electing Barak Obama President of the United states. While I agree, it is noteworthy and a very good thing... don't we make history every day? I mean, EVERYTHING that IS becomes history. It's just that there are some things we deem worthy enough to write down as History.

I find it sad that it is so noteworthy that Barak Obama is African American. While we have crossed a barrier we are definitely no closer to being color blind. In fact, we are shining an even brighter light on the issue of race. For me, it is more intriguing that Mr. Obama is so close in age to me and therefore feel that we might have some similarities in what feels important for the present and future. Having a president who has a life expectancy of about 5 more years doesn't bode well for thinking in the long term.

No comments: