Sunday, November 30, 2008

I am thankful for Plenty

If I Should Die Before I Wake

Seriously! If something ever happens to Guy and Me, please, send someone right away to empty the fridge and freezer directly into some soup kitchen! None of this should go to waste. I have the phrase, “Because I come from the land of plenty” stuck in my head. Maybe because I just heard Collin Hay of Men without Hats on the radio yesterday or maybe because that’s what my fridge looks like.

THIS! This is not cleanup from Thanksgiving dinner! This is cleanup from the leftovers!

We have a fridge stocked to the gills for lunches and dinners this week. And the freezer is full too (well, ok, 90% is roasted green chiles but you get the point).

One of these days I really do need to cook for a shelter.

Another thought for the day… If you want to make people happy, learn to tell a joke or buy a really good stock pot!

Turkey noodle soup
Leftover thanksgiving meals
Red lentil curry with swiss chard
Apple sauce (home made)
Janet’s cranberry and orange sauce
Turkey for sandwiches

Anyone goes hungry in this house, it’s their own fault!

1 comment:

brownie said...

I'll take the food to the soup kitchen, but I'm keeping the booze!