Monday, December 15, 2008

Co-inky-dink

Today at lunch, I ate something simple out of the fridge at work. This is likely to be a dangerous adventure but not for the reasons I experienced today. Today Paula was the gutsy one, eating leftover cold pizza from last Thursday. I opted for my frozen Amy's organic burrito and a yogurt.

i promise I thawed the burrito... I really did. But by the time lunch was over, I had a small chip out of one of my front teeth. It was very sharp and threatened my tongue. My tongue seemed intrigued and wouldn't stay away.

Then I remembered that about 2 weeks ago we went to a wine tasting. The host introduced us to a new DO here in town whose wife is a dentist. So, I started calling around until I found her. She fixed my tooth straightaway and suggested I send her some patients in return.

Thank you

************ ************* ************* ************* **************

I woke up this morning with the electric blanket still on from last night. How fitting that yesterday ended in an 18 below chill.

I realized that I get to wake up and go to work. My world goes on as before. Not so for some others in the neighborhood. I feel for them. But I have to remember to feel what is mine to feel. I send them love, peace, and warmth. It seems like so little but it is what I have to give.

************ *********** ************ ************* *************

My computer at work got renamed today. It got named "Sparky." Unfortunately, that also means the my computer at work doesn't work any more. It'll be a week or so before I get a new one.

All I know is it's a bad thing when you let the smoke out.

1 comment:

brownie said...

You and Mr. Mustard should get down to the Denver hash 'o lights this Sunday!