Thursday, December 4, 2008

Random Thots

Today was our first real snow here in Fort Collins. I woke up to go to the gym and saw a couple inches on everything. I went back to bed rather than shovel snow at 5 a.m. to go get into a pool.

I woke up again at 7 and had to rush to leave for work. AT the last minute I was frantically shovelling 6 inches of snow and sweeping it off my car.

Snow makes our little off-white/gray house look even more drab. When we redecorate the outside we'll have to go with a more jazzy color. The front porch looks like a layer cake to me. It's treacherous in good weather. I'm not sure it's safe in this stuff.

Let Them Eat... Hot Chocolate

So there's a recession on, is there? Well, you wouldn't know it looking at the Williams Sonoma catalog. They have a Hot Chocolate Machine in there for $99. I have a hot chocolate machine. It's called a spoon. You put it in the mug with the ingredients and stir. If I wanna get fancy, I can use a whisk. Either of these can be bought used for less than a buck.

No comments: