Friday, January 2, 2009

A Fresh Year

Kinda like a whiteboard or blackboard that's freshly cleaned... lots of markers or chalk and time to create. It's a new year. It's a Friday. What a combo!

This morning I ran. I was struck by how new it all is (that's a euphemism for being out of shape). I injured myself a couple years back and have been mostly a slug ever since except in the pool. I've done a handfool of runs but am so out of shape.

So today, I ran. Ouch. My wheels are very rusty. But the rust started falling off today and every day that I run, more rust will fall off. I may resort to WD 40 but I'll get myself moving again. Tinman after a huge thunderstorm and a swim in the salty sea... I'll creak myself into action.

I also went to work. It was a full afternoon. That bodes well for the new year. This will be the start of a very busy work year. Full days and lots of good stuff for people. I see this as the sign of what is to come.

Some people are skeptical that 2009 will be different that 2008. But I have hope. Hope that things will grow, change, and be renewed. The world will be a better place. America will be a better place. People will be better. I believe people are inherently good and this year they will begin to embody that.

Don't burst my bubble... believe with me!

No comments: