Sunday, January 18, 2009

Vegging Out

Last night was one of those really great nights. I went down to Colorado Springs and spent the day/evening with Ken and Colleen. As is the usual for us, it involved some great time outdoors, some great catching up, some nice wine, and a nice meal.

On the way down, I stopped by the Asian grocery and picked up a bunch of good eats. We hiked the 7 bridges trail and went up Gold Camp Road to the second bridge. It was all very snowy but about 50 degrees air temp. Lovely. Then we sampled the new brews at Trinity Brewing. Mmmmm. And finally to the house for an Asian Fusion night of Vietnamese Spring Rolls and Thai Drunken Noodles.

Tonight, by contrast, I'm heating up some new veggie meatballs (a new brand called Quorn) in diced tomatoes over pasta. I can't complain though, the reason I didn't cook Thai was some nice wine and cheese with friends (fabulous people) here in Fort Collins.

It's all good!

No comments: